Welcome to 2017!
Happy new year everyone! 明けましておめでとうございます！
Hope you’re all having a good time, either recovering from the latest Comiket (which I wish I was at…) or just spending time getting through your eroge backlog. Let’s look back at what happened over the past 12 months before looking forward to the next year!
Well, I think it’s pretty obvious that I’ve been spending way too much time playing Tree of Savior this year. In fact, when I look back at what I played this year, I was surprised to find that I only played NEKO WORKS’ Nekopara vol.2 (from which I won an Azuki shikishi), ALcot’s LOVEREC. -Mini Theaters-, and Studio Ryokucha’s Natsuiro Koi Uta. Of course, that doesn’t count all the trials, which probably came close to a hundred in total. As you’ve probably noticed, many monthly posts came out rather late due to my MMO escapades. I’ve been working hard on getting back to the normal schedule of posting at the beginning of each month.
Random 2016 tidbits:
- Frontrunners for best eroge of 2016? How about Re:LieF or Senmomo?
- MOONSTONE has turned back to making horror/suspense titles (Sakuranomori, Tokihate) rather than the average moe-ge over the past few years.
- Latest localization projects from Sekai Project and MangaGamer include Maitetsu, Leyline, Baldr Sky, Koikuma, Sakusaku, Sukisuki, D.S. and Maggot baits.
- The wave of crowdfunding and Steam releases continues, with such titles as Aselia the Eternal, KARAKARA, ChuSingura46+1 and Corona Blossom.
- What is a ‘light visual novel’, like Applique’s Getsuei no Simulacre and Akatsuki Works’ Hi no Nai Tokoro ni Kemuri wa Nai? I guess nothing more than another name for a trial to entice people to purchase the product with H scenes.
- Both sprite and key have forayed into the mobage market, with Aokana -Eternal Sky- (both all-ages and 18+ versions) and Rewrite IgnisMemoria. I did try the former, but stopped after a week since I’ve already got my hands full with Deresute and Mobamas. Oh, there was also Pokémon GO which I played for a few months.
- Of course, there’s also advances in VR, from idols in im@s CG Viewing Revolution to catpanion idols in Nekopa Live to personal maids in CM3D2. It’s a great time to be alive.
- Console game developer Alchemist folded in April, but the market is still doing somewhat OK.
- The Aokana, Wagahigh, Rewrite, planetarian and Schwarzemarken anime came out this year. The Dies irae, Chaos;Child, second seasons of Tales of Zestiria and Rewrite and yet another Fate anime in the works. An anime adaptation for Frontwing’s ISLAND and an OVA for Nekopara are also in the works.
- The AkabeiSoft group’s still waging a battle against pirates even after yet another protection system was cracked in the matter of days.
- hibiki’s Orekano dakimakura project gives your waifu a voice via your smartphone.
- Lots of concerts again this year, from Lose, Windmill, Purple Software and August. sprite has another one coming out next year, as well as KeroQ & makura!
- No, I do not want to bathe in my imouto’s holy water.
- Sana is with me now ^^
- The blog reached 4 million page views in October. Thanks everyone!
This year we welcomed the following imoutos to our home: Haniclo‘s Sumire, Happening LOVE‘s Miku, World Election‘s Iori, Mamiya-kun‘s Tamane and Nekoto, Maitetsu‘s Hibiki, Otoiro‘s Noa, D.S.‘s Mei, Oniikiss‘s Asahi, Mahiru, Yayoi and Saya, Nama Love‘s Mio, Wagahigh‘s Toa, Pure Marriage‘s Sakura, Hatsugamai‘s Shinobu, Rorolog‘s Rin, LAMUNATION!‘s Corona, Tsumikoi‘s Meguri, Ichibun no Ni‘s Hina and Runa, Hanahime‘s Hiyoko, Ginharu‘s Yuzuki, Senmomo‘s Kanami, Furerute‘s Momo, Low Spec!?‘s Riina, Sankaku Ren’ai‘s Nanaru and Suzu, Natsukoi‘s Ayaka, Akikuru‘s Mihaya, Oumimi‘s Peony, Sankaime‘s Sui, and Tokihate‘s Yuno. It’s hard to choose a favourite, but I’m rather fond of Rin!
I’m looking forward to more Mashiro ichaicha in Aokana EXTRA1 and more Shiratama art in Recette’s Shugaten!. I’ll probably still be playing TOS for a little while, and being a Miria and Yarukubo P in Deresute.
Thank you for visiting and supporting us! Here’s to another great year of eroge and imoutos!
Entry filed under: Miscellaneous.