Welcome to 2016!
Greetings from Japan and best wishes for the new year! Let’s review what happened last year before looking forward to the next!
It’s pretty crazy that I’ve been working on the blog for over 7 years now. I hope you all find the monthly overviews and weekly news useful. I’ve been pretty busy throughout this year (mostly Tree of Savior and C89 trip planning), so there hasn’t been much changes at all. Last year, I resolved to play five games from companies I haven’t tried before. I came close, having played NEKO WORKs’ Nekopara, Whirlpool’s Tearstilla, Purple Software’s Chrono Clock and PeasSoft’s Love Equation.
Random 2015 tidbits:
- Galette is making imouto-ge, GIGA is continuing their Kiss series, ensemble loves trap protagonists, Baseson is still milking Koihime, Clochette has bal…wait, there’s no balloons!?
- Why does EffordomSoft/AkabeiSoft3 keep wanting to make knight titles? After the utter failure of Juukishi, I guess Seikishi wasn’t half bad, but there’s another in the works!?
- My early prediction for top game for 2015 would be Sakura no Uta. It had been hyped up for almost ten years.
- Marebito-san ran the Second Eroge Reviewer Ranking, after the initial poll in 2011. The winners were Subahibi, Hoshimemo and Suika.
- Kickstarter and other crowdfunding campaigns have been popular. Following CLANNAD (now on Steam), there’s also been support for Nekonade Dead End, Muv-Luv, Narcissu, Kyuuketsu Hime no Libra, and the Dies irae anime.
- There’s also more VNs popping up on or planned for Steam, starting with Nekopara and Kagura Dochuuki.
- A bunch of mobile games came out, including Hatsukoi no Uta (Hibiki is really cute), YuzuSoft’s Kako☆Tama, and a certain idol rhythm game that I’m still playing religiously.
- Concerts seem to be a thing now, with August, Innocent Grey and sprite all attracting plenty of fans. There’s one for Windmill next year.
- The Grisaia anime wrapped up this year, while the adaptations for Aokana, Wagahigh and Schwarzesmarken are highly anticipated for 2016.
- The Kancolle anime was good because there was a full episode for the 6th destroyer division. Ikazuchi best.
- Tree of Savior consumed a month and a half of my life, which I will never have back. Why do I keep playing MMOs? I should just play normal RPGs, like Evenicle. I only spent 80 hours on that.
- Twitter suspended a bunch of accounts in early July, including some prominent artists and eroge companies (Lose), citing pornography rules. Luckily for us, they were back on new accounts within days.
- Remember the blue string?
- C89 should be called Chino Market.
- I’m a proud horny pastry puffer.
- SANA FIGURE.
I only ended up playing 15 titles this year (although I went through a ton of trials), with Hanasaki and Evenicle being the most memorable. I guess I would have to choose Hanasaki as my favourite just because it had Nonoka. She spoils me so good *__* Nekopara was also short and sweet, and I’m looking forward to vol.2 coming out in February.
On the imouto front, we got to know 1/7 no Mahoutsukai‘s Himari, Nostalgia‘s Miu, Amakoi‘s Rin, Sakura Synchronicity‘s Rise, Silverio Vendetta‘s Milliarte, Tearstilla‘s Marine, Low-Rise‘s Nono, Mirai Kanojo‘s Yuzuki, Hanasaki‘s Nonoka, Chrono Clock‘s Michiru, Puramai‘s Mei, ALIA’s CARNIVAL FD‘s Karin, Sumire‘s Sumire, Natsuiro Recipe‘s Yuzu, Namaiki‘s Atori, Yuu and Hina, Mousou Complete!‘s Mari, Lolifac‘s Setsuko, Yakusoku Love Harem‘s Nobara, Imouto no Seiiki‘s Yukana, Hime-sama LOVE Life‘s Io, Koikuma‘s Emiri, Cocoro Rista!‘s Seika and Yukine, Koikake‘s Nako, M-Ria‘s Yasuna, Samidare‘s Hiyori, Tincle Twinkle Festival!‘s Sena, Kodoaso‘s Katsumi, Naderebo‘s Momo, Fall in Love×4tune‘s Kotone, Magical Dears‘ Minazuki, Yomeyaba‘s Kirino, Kimikoi‘s Aria, Koikata‘s Ichika, IZUMO4‘s Misora, QUINTUPLE SPLASH‘s Tomoe, Oniiteach‘s Kanae, Ruri, Ai and Tsubomi, and Kenimo‘s Hitoha, Anri, Sara and Saki. The clear winner is the perfect Nonoka! Don’t hold back, I’ll let you dote on me too! <3
I’m looking forward to Tree of Savior open beta (please don’t ruin it with P2W items… ><), as well as the Aokana and Wagahigh animes. There’s also the new CIRCUS series (Dal Segno), which promises to be their new cash cow. I think I’m not even gonna bother with a New Year’s resolution. I’d rather just play anything that tickles my fancy, kinda like what I’m already doing.
Thank you for your continued support. Let’s look forward to another great year of eroge and imoutos!