A Walk Down Memory Lane – Route 3
There’s been a definite spike of high quality games produced beginning in 2006, with the number of memorable OPs also increasing. Since there are so many OPs to show and games to list, this post covers the period of 2006 to 2007. The final post will cover last year (2008).
ef – the first tale. (minori) – “Yuukyuu no Tsubasa”
I liked this OP the most out of all the Makoto Shinkai & minori games. From the intro to the animation, it’s a brilliant piece of art.
Da Capo II (CIRCUS) – “Da Capo II ~Asaki Yumemishi Kimi to~”
I think DCII was probably better than DC. I felt the stories were better, although some were a bit overdramatic.
Nanatsuiro☆Drops (UnisonShift) – “Koisuru☆Fluorite”
First love has encompassed me. This is the main reason I follow UnisonShift Blossom. The manga which follows Sumomo’s route is my favorite. It’s such an uplifting feeling.
Neko Kawaigari! (13cm) – “dote up a cat”
I don’t think I’ve seen another OP that is as cute but so wrong at the same time. It’s like a lesson in Engrish.
Harukoi*Otome ~Otome no Sono de Gokigenyou.~ (BaseSon) – “Seishun*Ouka*”
HaruOto is linked to Koihime since Kazuto attended the same school. So many SD CGs…
Bra-ban! -The bonds of melody- (YuzuSoft) – “Beautiful Harmony”
The game that turned me into a devoted YuzuSoft follower. It’s short, light-hearted and generally well done. And it has Ebi! 「エビというな！」
Muv-Luv Alternative (âge) – “Asu e no Houkou”
This has got to be one of the most epic eroge OPs ever made. I suddenly have an urge to go play this now.
Really? Really! (Navel) – “Remember memories”
Spinoff of SHUFFLE! which follows Kaede’s path. Rin going all Phoenix Wright is awesome.
Yotsunoha (Haikuo Soft) – “Yotsunoha”
I fell in love with this song and also the fact that all the girls are osananajimis. Nono-tan!!!
Happiness! Re-lucks (Windmill) – “Happy Day!”
Happiness’ fandisk. It is notable for one thing: Jun has a route.
Boy Meets Girl (FrontWing) – “Kimi ni Futatabi Aeta Kiseki”
The character art by Shintarou was what caught my eye. He then went to Clochette to help with Kamipani!
Other games during this year:
- Aozora no Mieru Oka (feng)
- Baldr Bullet Revellion (GIGA)
- Colorful Aquarium (eufonie)
- Figu@Mate (Escu:de)
- Fossette -Cafe au Le Ciel Bleu- (GIGA)
- Gore Screaming Show (Black Cyc)
- H2O -Footprints in the Sand- (Makura)
- Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no (PULLTOP)
- Ina☆Koi ~Oinari-sama to Motemote no Tatari~ (Whirlpool)
- Kanojo-tachi no Ryuugi (130cm)
- Kimi no Koe ga Kikoeru (AXL)
- Konna Ko ga Itara Boku wa Mou…!! (AKABEi SOFT2)
- Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o (GIGA)
- Megachu! (FrontWing)
- Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba (Palette)
- Prism Ark (Pajama Soft)
- Scarlett (NekonekoSoft)
- School Project (Atelier Kaguya)
- Sengoku Rance (AliceSoft)
- Shuumatsu Kanojo Gensou Alicematic (CaramelBox)
- Summer Days (Overflow)
- Triptych (ALcot)
- true tears (La’cryma, all ages)
- Wanko to Kurasou (ivory)
Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni (Purple Software) – “TIME”
Just amazing. I’d say this was one of the best OPs in 2007.
Arpeggio ~Kimi-iro no Melody~ (SIESTA) – “Boku no Sekai”
I actually found the system layout for Arpeggio pretty nice, along with the art.
Empty X Embryo (YuzuSoft) – “Trust in me”
I’m gonna end up posting all of YuzuSoft’s OPs.
Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate (AXL) – “shield nine”
This was the one that got me into AXL’s hijinks. It gives true meaning to dead end.
Koihime†Musou (BaseSon) – “Souten no Mukoe e” & “Hφwling Sφul”
I didn’t get very far in the original game, but now I’m playing Shin Koihime Musou (2008). I know that it changes a lot of things from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but you can’t go wrong with a cast of moe charas. Zhuge Liang as a shy loli? Shuri-chan!!!! >w<b
Da Capo II: Spring Celebration (CIRCUS) – “Happy my life ~Thank you for everything!!~”
DCII‘s fandisk. I love the song a lot. And hey, it’s DC, so of course I love it. Mmm Yume-chan…
Little Busters! (key) – “Little Busters!”
The original all-ages version. Little Busters! Ecstasy came out in 2008. I can’t wait for the anime to come out.
Other games during this year:
- √after and another (Makura)
- Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka (feng)
- Alice♥Parade ~Futari no Alice to Fushigi na Otometachi~ (UnisonShift)
- Aster (RusK)
- Clear (MoonStone)
- Clover Point (Meteor)
- Dies irae – Also sprach Zarathustra- (light)
- FairChild (ALcot)
- HoneyComing (HOOK)
- Hoshiful ~Seitou Gakuen Tenmon Doukoukai~ (F&C)
- Itsuka, Todoku. Ano Sora ni. (Lump of Sugar)
- Katakoi no Tsuki (Studio Ryokucha)
- Love Death 2 ~Realtime Lovers~ (TEATIME)
- Lyrical♪Lyric (Marmalade)
- MagusTale ~Sekaiju to Koisuru Mahoutsukai~ (Whirlpool)
- Nagisa no (Cotton Soft)
- Natsumegu (CottonSoft)
- Natsumero (AcaciaSoft)
- Ouzoku (SofthouseChara)
- Primitive Link (Purple Software)
- Seinarukana (XUSE)
- Sekai de Ichiban NG na Koi (HERMIT)
- Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori (étude)
- Touka Gettan (ROOT)
- Utsurigi Nanakoi Tenkiame (Caramel Box)