Pioneers of Iria – Introduction
Welcome to Chapter 2, Pioneers of Iria! The simultaneous implementation of G4, G5 and G6 on NA servers means that players will be inundated with new areas to explore, new dungeons to fight through, new skills to try out, new equipment to wear, and a lot more. The known realm of Erinn will be at least quadrupled in size.
Nexon NA has released Erinn Walker, which offers some pictures and a few sentences on new content. Their next update will be on the 24th. In the meantime, I wish to talk about these content in more detail, along with other changes that might not be otherwise mentioned. My scouts Rianne, Remi, Roxelle (KR) and Rosalyn (JP) will provide screenshots from their travels in these new lands.
Please proceed keeping in mind that there might be spoilers ahead. This overview is a compilation of information acquired from JP wiki, Mabinogi World wiki, TW fansites, personal research in JP and KR test, as well as comments and advice from foreign server players. Special thanks to Serenity, Khenta and Reverie for helping with information gathering and proofreading.
Remember that Nexon NA has the final decision on implementation of content. This overview is based off the updates from G4S1 to G6S4 in JP/KR servers. I do not speak for Nexon NA nor can I read their minds.
Due to the massive amount of content introduced in this patch, this overview will be divided into seven categories. At the bottom of each post will be links to the previous and following sections. The previous G4 Rano Overview post has been modified and incorporated into this overview.
- Rano, Connus, Physis overviews
- Continent move
- Mana tunnels and transportation
- Wildlife and giant field bosses
- Karu, Maiz, Longa, Par
- Connus underground maze (Ant hell)
- Physis underground tunnels
- Alby advanced
- Ciar and Runda boss rush
- Elves and giants
- Race-specific skills – mirage missile, hide, stomp, throwing attack
- Skill differences
- Interracial marriage system
- Exploration system
- Sketching and land maker
- Advancement quests
- Lost elf quest
- Dual wield and final hit
- Ice spear
- Play dead, throw stone, dice throwing
- Skill uncaps
- Fusion magic
- Chain casting
- Spirit weapon awakening
- New hairstyles, titles, pets
- Change in moongate and advanced play schedule
- New equipment, instruments, glasses
- Equipment set bonuses
- New patterns
- New clothing, light armor, heavy armor, shield, 2h sword, gathering item and wand upgrades
- New enchants
- Nao clothes and Nao present collection book
- Wool bags and fabric gloves
- New cooking recipes, magic cooking and Emain cooking tournament
- Food bonus cap
- Fishing boat and ice fishing
- Connus battle arena, dueling system, PvP rankings
- G2 and G3 mainstream skip option, Baol infiltration difficulty lowered
- Shop brownies
- G7, mechanics changes
Let me bring you on a tour of all the new content from this exciting patch. Hop on and enjoy the ride!