Time and Effort
Some days I wonder why I keep playing this game while there are those people that knowingly circumvent the rules and don’t work for their accomplishments. This is one of those days. Normally, I would not care if others mod so long as they do not affect my gameplay. I also would not call out people to respect their own decisions, no matter how immoral they may seem to me. However, this one is so blatantly obvious and strikes so close to me that I had to write about it.
Let me give you some background. I had spent the better part of the last month training music to rank 1 and had just completed it in a bit under 200 hours. My method is simple and straightforward, start playing and cancel if it sounds bad or is not a default song that gives experience since they are classified into different ranks. Usually, you to listen to it for a few seconds before you know if you should cancel or not.
This brings us to what I saw today in Tir Ch4 when I logged on after maint today. Milfeulle was training music playing. Ok, that is normal. However, there were some things that I picked up on immediately.
- Songs were cancelled within 1 or 2 notes being played.
- Songs that were not cancelled were all perfect.
It is unlikely to know the type of song within 1 or 2 notes of playing, especially considering the variation of quality. Throughout all my time playing, even with high dex, perfects only happen 1 in every 3 successes, not all the time. He was also not responsive to people talking to him.
Now, I do not wish to accuse Milfeulle of illegit behaviour, and I do consider him a nice guy and is helpful to talk to. However, I just feel like that it is sad that an achievement that should be extremely hard to obtain and would make one proud to achieve has been whittled down to nothing more than pressing a button and making lunch.
Oh, what a world we live in.
Addendum: To clarify some points because people are replying (here and other forums) without understanding this post (or in cases, not even reading it):
- No scroll was used, it is all default music.
- Rank is at least rank 7, so scrolls don’t give exp. Anyone who devotes their time to training music knows training up to rank 7 is not even the tip of the iceberg.
- Even if you cancelled after the first note, the delay in timing will cause more than 1 note to be heard before the song is stopped.
- I was not the only person who tried to talk to him; this includes people who are friends with him. We are on friendly terms and talk occasionally.
- I am not naive and know Milf and other people use various types of mods.
- This post is more for me writing about it because it just downright bothers me and I have to get it off my chest.
Having said that, Milf has commented on the matter, and I had not intended for this to be a long drawn-out affair. You can go do that on Nexon forums.