Pioneers of Iria
Game review sites WarCry and Massively released Mabinogi articles today basically validating the rumours that G4, G5 and G6 will be lumped together into one mammoth-sized patch codenamed “Pioneers of Iria” with a release date of late February. While I am not sure if all content from these three generations will be immediately released, the articles noted specific content that will definitely be added, including:
- Rano, Connus and Physis, with giant field bosses
- Elves and giants, along with respective hairstyles and transformations
- Karu, Maiz, Longa Ruins and Underground maze
- Exploration system, L-rods, land maker and sketching
- Ice spear, dual wield, final hit, stomp, mirage missile, throw stone, play dead, hide
- New titles, weapons and clothes
- Interracial marriage
While most people are highly anticipating dual wielding, ice spear and final hit, as well as elves and giants, I am most excited for the exploration system. This new source of AP via a refreshing quest-based system allows me to attain my goals faster. I expect to spend a decent amount of time finding treasures via L-rodding. In addition, underground maze and hard versions of the ruins will help promote party play.
Nexon NA has also released the first installment of Erinn Walker, an online guidebook with helpful tips about new content. Similar to the housing guide, I expect this to give a general overview in a nice layout. Click the above banner to check it out or here. It should be updated on a regular basis.
As this is a huge patch, there will be a lot of information to digest and places to explore. I will attempt to help you with overviews on all new aspects of the game from G4 to G6, taking note of which content might be possibly added. Consider the overviews as more in-depth supplementary readings to Erinn Walker.
The overviews will be divided into six sections:
- Fields – Rano (G4), Connus (G5), Physis (G6)
- Dungeons – Karu, Maiz, Longa, Par, underground maze
- Races – elves, giants
- Exploration system and related actions
- New skills and actions – ice spear, final hit
- Miscellaneous – ego incarnate, skill uncaps
I intend to edit and rework the existing G4 Rano overview and split it among these categories. As there is a significant amount of content, I will be reading through and organizing the material so it is streamlined for readers as much as possible. Please look forward to the overview posts beginning in a week or so.