Happy New Year!
Happy new year everyone! Welcome to 2009!
Even with the economy and pretty much everything going down the drain, here’s to better times in this new year! I was gonna write up some end-of-2008 best and worst wrap-up, but I ended up going out with friends and doing karaoke. Enough of the past, let’s look forward to this year!
As obligatory with the occasion, new year’s resolutions are in order. This time I’ve decided to break it down into three sections: real life, fantasy life (Mabinogi) and anime life (anime, manga, eroge, site-related).
Micchi’s New Year’s Resolutions for 2009
- Get a job. I’ve got an interview in a couple weeks and I really want it bad.
- Procrastinate less. More about changing habits. I’ll start working on this tomorrow.
- Play less online games. Well, I guess this would be Mabi at the moment. Less time on MMOs means more time for other stuff, including other games.
- Exercise more. Maybe play some badminton again.
- Sleep earlier. If I get a job, I’d have to. Otherwise…. nah. I hate mornings. Maybe I should try to hate mornings less?
- Be more assertive and decisive. I take too much time making decisions. Need to take more risks and not be scared of making the wrong decision.
- Go somewhere I haven’t been to before. I love traveling a lot. Last year was the Caribbean. Hopefully this year I can go somewhere new, like Greece or Sweden.
- Make good on one of these resolutions. Especially that job one.
- Reach level 60 every rebirth. That’s 2-3 Ciar adv per day. Just need to keep at it. This may be contradicting my other resolution of playing less.
- Obtain rank 1 Sword of Order. This will come naturally from leveling. After this, I guess I’ll work towards the cardboard wings.
- Finish Master all ranged skills. Magnum’s the only one not at rank 1, so I should have that within a few rebirths. Mastering AR will be a problem as I can’t find any awfuls.
- Keep being a good guild leader. While I still treat the position as temporary, I’ll do the best job I can in the meantime. Fellow Avalon members, let’s make sure to have fun!
- Get rank 1 fishing on Fiorella. This is mainly in preparation for Iria fishing boat later on. I think I will have to rebirth her at least once in order to get it though.
- Transpose a Miku song into MML for Jam Session. This will probably take a long time. I’d probably need to pick up the music skills on an alt for this purpose.
- Continue to post event guides and patch content overviews. I take pride in offering valuable information to others and spreading knowledge to other Mabi players. Research is an important part of playing games for me and I wish to read up more on the new continent of Iria.
- Complete a full series for a 2009 anime. I haven’t watched all episodes of any series since Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. I usually get too lazy to keep downloading episodes.
- Complete any route for an eroge. The last one I remember finishing is Minase’s route for Bra-ban! and that was a short game. Usually I get distracted by MMOs or other eroge when they come out every month. I’ll start with Shin Koihime Musou when I get a chance.
- Catch up on manga. Didn’t buy any manga last year amazingly, which also means I’m about a collective 100+ volumes behind. I should try to find more hidden gems too.
- Don’t get Ryuukishi’d that easily. Higurashi and Umineko fans should know what I mean.
- Write a post every day. Unlikely as there isn’t always something to write about (and I’d like to avoid filler posts), but I’ll definitely try to avoid putting writing posts off when I actually have something I’d like other people to know about.
- Add more variety to posts. While Mabinogi, vocaloid and eroge are still the main three, I’d like to write more about other stuff too. I’d like to write first impression posts for anime, introduce some little known manga, etc.
- Write more about eroge. At the moment, the majority of my eroge posts are previews and media-related. I’d like to add more personal reviews as I finish more of my ever-increasing backlog. Posts for monthly releases will be a regular thing. It’d be something Hemi-tan and the rest of the meisters will be proud of.
- Read other blogs more. Making more friends on the blogosphere, commenting more and getting more pageviews all go hand in hand. Please make sure to drop by and say hi!
As is normal with new year’s resolutions, I probably will end up not accomplishing the majority of them. However, goals are essential for progress. So here’s hoping you’d put up with me for another year for a great 2009!