Welcome to 2014!
A new year is upon us and it’s not a minute too late! There’s an exciting line-up this spring, but let’s first take a look at what happened in the past year. Oh, and there’s that little New Year’s resolution thing.
With the blog pretty much holding steady, there weren’t any changes to the format or frequency of the weekly or monthly posts. It seems like Zen and nemuiwanko have been too busy to work on the anime posts lately (or maybe they’ve been occupied playing other games like me). I didn’t report on Saimoe this year since I lost interest in it early and the organization was horrid. For those that are wondering, Madoka rampaged through with the goddess herself taking the crown. We’ve passed 2 million pageviews, so thank you for visiting us! We’re happy to inform and/or entertain you all.
My resolution from last year was to finish Sakuya’s route in Sinsemilla and play the Applique fandisk as well. Yeah, so much for that. I still intend to play it sometime (must experience the 魔妹), but I’ll have to see when I can fit it into my schedule, especially with the abundance of promising titles this upcoming March and April.
Random 2013 tidbits:
- Kancolle. I’m not playing it since I play Yuzupara and one mobile game already sucks more than enough time out of me. However, it really has gotten quite popular, almost to Touhou levels. It’s all about the charas, like delicious Shimakaze.
- Yuzupara is quite fun. I have a team of Sana. ^^
- There were also lots of ecchi mobile/browser games, although a lot of them you would need proxies to play. Too bad most of them follow the same card system set-up, so it gets a bit dull.
- As usual there’s a lot of console ports (PSP/PSV/PS3), but it seems like there’s been more old games being remade, such as Kazoku Keikaku, Rance 01, GREEN GREEN and Happiness! (scheduled for 2014). That’s on top of all those old titles which are made available for Android phones at discounted prices.
- I feel like there’s an influx of ecchi chara-ge, like Oniishare.
- Niijima Yuu left SAGA PLANETS and resurfaced in AMUSE CRAFT’s new brand Qoobrand. Karumaruka got decent reviews, although one could say it felt a lot like Hatsusaku.
- The WA2 and Walroma anime adaptations came out this year, while Daito will get one next year. There’s also the Koikishi OVA (more Yuu!).
- RO2 is a horribly buggy game. I spent the whole year playing it over two different servers. It sucks. Why do I still play? The only thing I do is grind my loli all day.
- I went to Kansai in late March and early April to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom. The timing was perfect and they were very pretty. I also took the time to visit the imouto cafe in Nipponbashi (of course I had the classic homemade omurice) and pick up some goodies, including a bunch of Sana merchandise.
- I never knew that dolls could go for over ￥100,000…
- There may be a Bell alarm app, but it’s not quite what I want. I want Bell herself.
- Love&Piss is the worst title ever.
- SLG = semi-little girl.
I ended up only playing a total of 9 games this year since I was a ‘bit’ occupied with RO2, although I did go back to some games I only partially finished last year to play through the final routes. Instead, I played a lot of trials, which got me interested in other companies I would have otherwise overlooked. The title I enjoyed the most was Sensuibu!. I think I had a little too much fun with the SLG part. The hardest fight was against the giant squid and tentacles. Berry’s was also quite enjoyable as a relaxing chara-ge. 4-komas were at the top of my reading list for 2013 with Kinmosa and Eroge-ya×Sister leading the way. Papakiki is still the top LN for this year. I hope we get to see more Miki!
There were plenty of lovable imoutos this year, including Pricolle‘s Konoka, Moteore‘s Hinano, Nostalgica‘s Akira, Hapymaher‘s Maia, D.C.III R X-rated‘s Himeno, Guardian☆Place‘s Aoi, Hitoren‘s Kurenai, Unmei Yohou‘s Hikari, Shoujo Shoujo‘s Sana, Ojonana‘s Hana, Magicha‘s Fuuka, Yumekoi‘s Miruku and Kurumi, Reminiscence‘s Aki, Berry’s‘ Yuuka, Sukisuki‘s Towa, Natsukumo‘s Himeka, Otomeriron‘s Resona, Amairo‘s Airi, Annaffiare‘s Kazumi, Hoshinone‘s Ria, Ichiban‘s Hisui, Noblesse of Rouge‘s Rui, Natsufuyu‘s Yume, Usomeru‘s Seiko, Monobeno‘s Natsuha, Cocoro@Function!‘s Asagao, HHGX‘s Hikari, Kiraoto‘s Yuri, Sakuoto‘s Yuri and Hina to Issho‘s Hina. Then there’s also all the imouto-ge, such as Imoban, LO-angle!, Imopara2, Oniishare (with lewd imouto Seseri) and Imouto Spiral. However, the winner this year is… Moteyaba‘s Meguri! It was definitely worth going through all the heroines just to unlock her route where she patiently awaits her nii-san!
ジ ト 目 た ま ら ん
So, this New Year’s resolution thing… After playing eroge for so many years, you tend to look for the same type of games or follow the same companies or artists. So, I intend to try out at least five companies which I haven’t played a title from before. It’s a pretty open-ended resolution, so let’s see how I do this year.
Once again, thanks for continuing to visit and supporting us! I didn’t envision this little blog of ours to be heading into its sixth year. Here’s to more great eroge and imoutos!